Post category specification for Carousel?

Home Forums Easy Bootstrap Shortcodes PRO Post category specification for Carousel?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. W
      Participant

Great plugin!

Can you please tell me how I would call only the last X number of posts from a **specific category** to display in the Carousel?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Thanks Dr. W. Regarding your query, You can select any post category and number of post in carousel shortcode. It will pick the latest posts from that category.

In case you have selected two different categories, say X posts from Category 1 and Y posts from Category 2. Then it will pick X latest posts from Category 1 and Y latest posts from Category2, merge all posts into single list and show posts randomly from this list.

So if you will select only one category then it will pick latest posts from that category only.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

Dr. W
      Participant

What wording do I use in the shortcode? It is not specified in the shortcode help documentation.

category=”1″ ?

Dr. W
      Participant

Here is the shortcode I am using, and it is not making the category distinction to only include posts from category 1. Please advise:

[ebs_carousel itemnum=”5″ slideineffect=”bounce” slideouteffect=”bounce” navigation=”bottom” style=”multiitem” bullets=”true” pause=”true” type=”link” category=”1″ posts=”post:8″]

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Hi Dr. W,

Please accept our apologies for mentioning the Category instead of Post Type. Carousel shortcode take custom post type not category. But it is good idea to have category option for posts, we will look into it and will try to implement ASAP.

Thanks

Dr. W
      Participant

Excellent! Thank you – I look forward to the implementation.

So, as it is now, this should call only the **MOST RECENT** posts, regardless of category? Or is it calling the most recent posts from **EACH** category and mixes them together?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.