EBS PRO alternatives?

Home Forums Easy Bootstrap Shortcodes PRO EBS PRO alternatives?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Adam Wright
      Participant

Right…

I can’t update to the latest version of the plugin because my license expired, and I can’t renew my license because PayPal always tells me “something went wrong”.

Not that it would be wise to pay more money anyway, since the whole project seems to have been abandoned, with no response to any requests for support in over a year.

It still works with the latest WP, but it’s surely only a matter of time before something breaks. So… anyone recommend alternative plugin(s) which provide similar capabilities?

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Hi Adam,

This is to inform you that, this plugin is not abandoned and we are here to help you. Please let us know what issue you are facing, we will look into it.

Thanks

Adam Wright
      Participant

My issue is detailed in this thread:

Problem renewing license

Adam Wright
      Participant

Just tried yet again to renew the licence via PayPal, and still getting errors.

And the old version I have is interfering with the latest WordPress version, so it’s no longer of any use.

No assistance in over 15 months on 2 posts. Last Twitter activity was July 2017.

Despite claims to the contrary, this is abandoned. Plus, at the time of writing, Google is giving warnings of a phishing scam associated with the site.

I’m going to look for alternatives.

Cathy Henry
      Participant

You are correct, it is outdated and has broken with the newest wordpress. I just purchased my license and it doesn’t work. Try getting a refund from them…impossible. They tell PayPal they will issue a refund when they receive the product back in the mail knowing full well it is a downloadable digital product and impossible to mail it back to them. It is their way of ripping people off for an obsolete product that no longer works. Either update the product to current standards or pay people back for the faulty product. But don’t lie!

Adam Wright
      Participant

I wish you luck in getting your money back from PayPal. It’s now two-and-a-half years since my initial request for assistance in renewing my licence (in the other thread posted above) and still no response.

Not that I need a response now. After my last post, I looked for other similar plugins and settled on Shortcodes Ultimate, which provides all the same functions and is updated regularly. https://getshortcodes.com/

Given that I can’t renew my existing licence, but they are clearly still taking money for new licences when the product no longer works, it would seem that this once very useful plugin has now deteriorated into little more than a scam.

Cathy Henry
      Participant

Thanks for the tip on an alternative.
      Yes, I used this plugin years ago and loved it but now it is nothing more than a scam. I could almost understand it if they had abandoned it and just didn’t respond, but to respond demanding the product be mailed back to them before a refund would be issued shows me they know it doesn’t work and they are taking people’s money knowing they have absolutely no means of getting a refund.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.