EBSP Override my style.css

Home Forums Easy Bootstrap Shortcodes PRO EBSP Override my style.css

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Javier Gobea
      Participant

In my site, the stylesheets from EBSP overrides my theme style css, or my custom css, so its override my body, h1, h2, … tag, or no apply custom css.

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Hi Javier,

Please check the EPS Pro Settings page, we have provided four different options for css

1. to use from plugin
      2. From cdn
      3. From theme
      4. No bootstrap theme

in case you already have bootstrap theme then please select the From Theme options for css.

Other option you can use is the custom css area in settings page, you can write your css there too.

Thanks

Javier Gobea
      Participant

For CSS I have 3 options:

* Use for plugin –> This is selected.
      *Fron theme or another plugin. –> I don’t have a bootstrap plugin.
      * No bootstrap theme. If I select this then loss some style.

I use Genesis form studiopress like theme.

I have to delete all style from pricing tables for my boduy o titles tag work fine, because take from the plugin.

Why do you have a Style for body tag?? for example…

¡Thanks.

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Hi Javier,

Please send us the theme details you are using or you can send us the admin details using our contact us form, we will check this for you. In case you can’t send us the other details, please send us the page url, we will check that. and try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks

Javier Gobea
      Participant

Hi.
      I think that is work now with some changues in CSS, but I detect problems in another CSS styles. For example:

You have this in ebs-frontend.css

.wrap {
      margin-bottom: 0;
      margin-left: auto;
      margin-right: auto;
      margin-top: 0;
      width: 600px;
      }

But I have this in my style.css

.wrap {
      margin-bottom: 0;
      margin-left: auto;
      margin-right: auto;
      margin-top: 0;
      max-width: 1140px;
      }

And your style override mine.

I use Child Theme Metro Pro, with Genesis from studiopress.

Maybe I think that is work is you not use common tags like body, wrap, etc… or use with a prefix.
      http://hormigasenlanube.com/

Javier Gobea
      Participant

What about this?

I have probe to put CSS in No Bootstrap theme, but then I lost all style in your shortcodes, like services sale box in home, or progress bar in another page, so I have to use from ebs plugin.

But after this update, I have the same problem, so I have to modify the ebs CSS manualley, and theme some features don’t work fine.

I will like a refund or some solution quickly.

Thanks a lot.

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Hi Javier,

We are here to provide you solution, can you please forward us admin login details using our contact us form, so that we can check the issue and the settings you are using for plugin.

Thanks

Nate Nordstrom
      Participant

I am having issues here as well. I tried turning off all plugin css and js, but it keeps injecting ebs_dynamic_css, and ebs-frontend.css which is the main culprit in overriding certain styles because of course it’s later in the stack. I tried putting !important in css, but then it breaks other stuff. Why can’t I shut off the css? All I want it to do is parse the shortcode for columns.

Filipe Leal
      Participant

Hi, I am also experiencing style isses:

– When I use “style from EBS plugin” it mixes up my theme (Discovery Pro from Template Express). The headers of the page become misaligned and the text doesn’t match the original theme style.

– When I “use from theme or any other plugin” most shortcodes do not work. For example, the accordion does not hide any text.

Is there any way I can use the shorcodes with my current theme?

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Hi Filipe Leal,

We have checked the theme you have mentioned, this theme is not bootstrap based so please select the third option ‘Non Bootstrap theme’, it will fix your issue.

In case problem still persists please let us know.

Thanks

Filipe Leal
      Participant

The Non Bootstrap theme fixes the conflict. But then the style doesn’t match that of the theme. Where can I change the EBSP’s style (e.g. colors, fontsizes)?

Another question, how can I add custom icons to the list that shows up when inserting shortcodes (glypicons)?

Thank you in advance for the help!

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Hi Filipe Leal,

We are glad that our last response fixed your issue. Regarding the custom css, please follow this link How Add Custom Css To EBS-Pro?.

Regarding custom icons, at this point you can’t add custom icons to list.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have any other query.

Thanks

Filipe Leal
      Participant

I just need to change a the text size and color for an accordion – can I do it directly in the accordion.css?

Thank you,
      Filipe

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yes you can do that but we don’t suggest you to go that way and the reason is, it will get overwrite by the plugin whenever there is an update for plugin.

Thanks

Filipe Leal
      Participant

Then how can I add a custom css to change the text color and size for an accordion?

Thank you,
      Filipe

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Hi,

For that please check our page

How To Add Custom Css In EBS-Pro?

Please feel free to contact us in case you have any other query.

Thanks

John Cobb
      Participant

I do not have a Bootstrap theme, so I set the Bootstrap styling to “No Bootstrap Theme.” This fixed *some* CSS issues, but not all. It’s still overriding some of my styles. What could I be doing wrong? Also, I have Bootstrap JS File and IE6+ compatibility JS File set to “Use from theme or any other plugin.”

osCitas Themes
      Keymaster

Hi John Cobb,

Thanks for contacting us. You have to set the js option to “Use from plugin” as you have already mentioned that you are not using bootstrap theme, so it will not get bootstrap js files from you theme.

You can send us the site url, we will check that and will let you know the solution.

Thanks

John Cobb
        Participant

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, I tried that as well. It’s still overriding some css. Here is my url. http://memphispool.com/

John Cobb
        Participant

Problem solved. And for anyone else, I simply posted this in the Custom CSS Editor in the plugin.

* {
        -moz-box-sizing: inherit;
        -webkit-box-sizing: inherit;
        box-sizing: inherit;
        }

John Cobb
        Participant

Okay, strike that. That doesn’t work. It’s global, obviously. How can I specify for this to be used only for the tabs?

John Cobb
        Participant

Okay, last reply here. Fixed. It’s obvious I don’t *really* know what I’m doing, but here’s what I had to do for my site for anyone’s FYI.

This in the Custom CSS Editor:

* {
        -moz-box-sizing: inherit;
        -webkit-box-sizing: inherit;
        box-sizing: inherit;
        }

And, Bootstrap Styling CSS File set to “No Bootstrap Theme,” Bootstrap JS File & IE6+ compatibility JS File set to “Use from EBS Plugin”. Sorry for the multiple replies. Thank you for your help and creating a great plugin that has been a real time saver for me!

John Cobb
        Participant

This isn’t working for me after all. I’m at a loss. It just won’t stop overriding my css. Is there anyway I can get a refund?

John Cobb
      Participant

Well, I was wrong. It is a bootstrap theme, and here is where the issue I’m having seems to be coming from.

webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
      box-sizing: border-box;

When I turn these off while inspecting the element, everything is fine. What should my settings be then?

John Cobb
      Participant

I have not heard back from anyone in regards to my issue. May I please receive a refund?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.